MINUTES OF Hornsby Shire local planning Panel meeting
Held at Council Chambers, HORNSBY
on Thursday 26 April 2018
Chairperson - Garry Fielding
Expert Panel Member - Linda McClure
Expert Panel Member – Steven Layman
Community Member – Tony Jones
Community Member - Jerome Cox
Group Manager, Planning Division - James Farrington
Manager Development Assessments – Rod Pickles
Senior Town Planner – Matthew Miles
Senior Town Planner – Stephen Dobbs
The Meeting commenced at 6.30pm.
AUDIO RECORDING OF COUNCIL MEETING
Statement by the Chairman:
"I advise all present that tonight's meeting is being audio recorded for the purposes of providing a record of public comment at the meeting in accordance with the requirements of Schedule 4B of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979.
The recordings of the meeting will be made available on Council’s website once the Minutes have been finalised. All speakers are requested to ensure their comments are relevant to the issue at hand and to refrain from making personal comments or criticisms.”
declarations of PECUNIARY interest
There were no declarations of Pecuniary Interest.
ADDRESSES TO THE PANEL
The following members of the public addressed the Panel on items on the agenda:
IHAP10/18 - Development Application - Alterations and additions to a dwelling house and change of use to a 28 place childcare centre - 41 Denison Street, Hornsby.
Shaun Razavi - Against
Danju Wong - Against
Kaisan Wong - Against
Margaret Skilbeck - Against
Colin Thom - Against
Jian Qi Liang - For - Owner
Sophia Huang - Architect for the Applicant
Jimi Ng - Acoustic Consultant for the Applicant
IHAP13/18 - DA/83/2018 - Animal Boarding Establishment and use of horse arena for private recreational purposes - 35 Blacks Road, Arcadia.
Samantha Miles - Against
Doug Cohan - Against
Edward Shin - Against
Ken Scannell - Acoustic Consultant for the Applicant
Leland Sanchez - Town Planning Consultant for the Applicant
IN ACCORDANCE WITH CLAUSE 3.3(5.b) OF SCHEDULE 1 OF THE OPERATIONAL PROCEDURES DIRECTIONS ISSUED 23 FEBRUARY 2018.
The Panel Chair closed the public meeting at 7:44pm for deliberation, voting and determination.
(IHAP) Planning Division
1 IHAP10/18 Development Application - Alterations and additions to a dwelling house and change of use to a 28 place childcare centre - 41 Denison Street, Hornsby
THAT Development Application No. DA/1006/2017 for alterations and additions to a dwelling house and change of use to a 28 place childcare centre at Lot 16 DP 240447, No. 41 Denison Street Hornsby be approved subject to the conditions of consent detailed in Schedule 1 of IHAP Report No. IHAP10/18.
That consideration of the application be deferred to enable the submission of amended plans and details that address the following:
1. The provision of additional landscaping along the frontage of the site with a minimum depth of 2 metres.
2. The relocation of the bin storage area from its front boundary location.
3. The acoustic awning having a minimum setback of 2 metres from the western side boundary, with the setback area being sufficient to allow sustainable landscaping and access for maintenance.
4. The acoustic awning having a minimum setback of 3 metres from the northern rear boundary, with the setback area being landscaped.
5. The Panel notes that the above amendments to plans may necessitate a reduction in the number of children able to be accommodated at the proposed childcare centre. Accordingly, an amended acoustic report is to be submitted to address the potential reduction in the height the eastern boundary acoustic wall having regard to any reduced child numbers.
A landscape plan prepared by a qualified landscape architect is to be
submitted, with the plan to include a minimum of 2 canopy trees within the
front setback area and 1 tree in the north western corner of the site.
VOTING OF THE PANEL MEMBERS
FOR: Garry Fielding, Linda McClure, Steven Layman, Jerome Cox
2 IHAP13/18 DA/83/2018 - Animal Boarding Establishment and use of horse arena for private recreational purposes - 35 Blacks Road, Arcadia
THAT Development Application No. DA/83/2018 for change of use of an existing farm building to an animal boarding establishment and use of an existing horse riding arena for private recreational purposes at Lot 1 DP 221916, No.35 Blacks Road, Arcadia be approved subject to the conditions of consent detailed in Schedule 1 of IHAP Report No.IHAP13/18.
That consideration of the application be deferred to enable the submission of amended plans and details as follows:
1. An appropriate site survey plan showing all existing structures and improvements on the site as well as adjoining dwellings.
2. Detailed plans and elevations drawn to a standard scale showing all existing and proposed structures and improvements on the site.
3. Detailed wastewater disposal plans.
4. Stormwater management assessment plans and details.
5. Plan of management consistent with the Land and Environment Court’s Planning Principle for plans of management, including the proposed complaints handling process.
6. Landscape plan prepared by a suitably qualified landscape consultant including suitable screen hedging along the southern side of the access driveway and tree planting in the vicinity of the horse arena.
VOTING OF THE PANEL MEMBERS
FOR: Garry Fielding, Linda McClure, Steven Layman, Tony Jones
The decision of the Panel was unanimous.
PANEL’S PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT OF DECISIONS
The Panel returned to the Council Chamber at 8:40pm where the Chairman announced the Panel’s decisions regarding the development applications.
The Panel’s meeting concluded at 8:50pm